Help & FAQ
- I’m a Kickstarter backer! Why have I not received my code?
- How do I install the game using my code?
- Minimum and Recommended System Specs
- How to send us your computer specs
- How to send us your game and crash logs
- How do I report a bug or issue? What information should I provide?
- What do I do if my game doesn’t boot?
- What is included in my game?
I’m a Kickstarter backer! Why have I not received my code?
If you are a Backer of the WARMACHINE: Tactics Kickstarter project and have not received your Steam Key for WARMACHINE: Tactics yet, there are two things you can do:
1) Check your spam folder. 99% of missing Steam Keys are found here and this is will be the fastest way for you to recover your missing key. Search for email from WhiteMoonDreams.com and please make sure to set your filters to receive email from WhiteMoonDreams.com and PrivateerPress.com so that you don’t miss any important updates in the future.
2) Wait. We know it’s awful to wait especially when it seems like everyone you know has their key already, but with over 15,000 people to supply keys to, it’s going to take approximately a week for them to all be delivered via email. We started sending them out on August 12th so they should all reach their destination by August 19th. If you have not received your key by August 20th, and if you have checked in your spam folder to no avail, then please send an email to MISSINGKEY@WhiteMoonDreams.com from the email account associated with your Backerkit account. (This is the only way we can verify you.) Just put “Missing Key” in the subject line and “Can’t find it!” in the body and we’ll dig into the issue as quickly as we can.
Please note: we will not be responding to missing key requests before August 20th nor will we respond to missing key request from support@WhiteMoonDreams.com at this time. You must email ‘MISSINGKEY@WhiteMoonDreams.com‘ in order to obtain assistance with locating a missing key. And please be sure to check your spam folder first! It’s probably lurking in there somewhere…
How do I install the game using my code?
First, you will need the Steam client. If you do not have the Steam client, you can download it from here: http://store.steampowered.com/
After you have the Steam client installed, go to Games at the VERY top bar, then “Activate a product on Steam” and input your code directly. Your download will then begin.
You can also use the “Add a game” button on the bottom left of the screen, and then “Activate a product on Steam.” Mac users will ONLY see this option.
Minimum and Recommended System Specs
Here are the current minimum system specs to play the game. These specs are not final and are subject to change. We will continue to optimize so as many people can play as possible.
OS: Windows 7/8 64bit
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics: NVidia GTS 450/AMD Radeon HD 5570 w/1GB VRAM
OS: Windows 7/8 64bit
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics: NVidia GTX 670/AMD Radeon HD 7870 w/2GB VRAM
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics: NVidia GeForce GT 650M/AMD 6770M/Intel HD 5000 w/1MB VRAM Intel HD 5000 or Iris Pro requires 8GB of System RAM
How to send us your computer specs
If you are running into an issue with your game, especially with set up or installation, please also send your system specs along with a report of your issue. Many issues are unrelated to the game itself, and are issues with the user’s hardware or software. Sending us your system specs will facilitate in us being able to track down the cause of your issue much quicker. Please use the instructions below to generate the DXDIAG file that we can use to understand your system and send us logfiles for the game:
How to use DXDIAG DirectX Diagnostic Tool
Reference Microsoft articles:
The DirectX Diagnostic Tool (Dxdiag.exe) is designed to help troubleshoot DirectX-related issues and gives detailed information regarding your computers graphics, sound and other devices related to gaming. It can be a valuable tool in determining things like hardware specifications such as for determining if your computer meets the minimum system requirements for a game.
It can also help determine if the drivers are up to date or need to be updated (a ‘driver’ is essentially the software that allows Windows to interact with and communicate with your computers hardware).
You can also use this tool to generate a ‘dxdiag’ (text) report file which has detailed information about all the items listed above and can be useful when communicating with support.
A Dxdiag report is the results of the execution of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag.exe). These results are very helpful in troubleshooting technical concerns with a computer.
To send a dxdiag file, please choose your Operating System and follow the associated steps below:
- On your Windows task bar, click «Start» (Windows icon usually in the lower left corner of the screen).
- Select and press “Run” (if you do not see “Run”, hold down the “Windows” button on your keyboard and press “R”). A “Run” window should pop up.
- In the “Run” window, type “dxdiag” and click “OK”. A “DirectX Diagnostic Tool” window should pop up.
- In the appeared window choose “Save all information”.
- After you’ve saved the file, please attach it to your ticket.
- From the Windows desktop, press the Windows key and the R key to open the Run window.
- In the “Open:” field of the Run window, type “dxdiag.” Click OK or the Enter key to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (if prompted to check if your drivers are digitally signed, click Yes).
- In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click the “Save All Information” button.
- In the “Save As” window, the DirectX information will be saved as a text (.TXT) file. Designate where the file will be saved (such as the Desktop or other easily accessible location) and then click on the “Save” button.
- After you’ve saved the file, please attach it to your ticket.
How to send us your game and crash logs
When reporting bugs or crashes, please also try to send us your game logs. These logs give information about what was happening in your game and are incredibly useful to our engineering team in tracking down issues within the code. Logs will be generated every time you play a game. When you boot up the game, you will see “Open Logs Directory” on the main menu. Select this, and your logs folder will open.
Sort the logs by date – the most recent one will be the one we need. Generally, each game will generate 3 logs. Send the most recent 3 to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will sort out which one has the information we need.
How do I report a bug or issue? What information should I provide?
You can report a bug either through the tools on our forums (http://forums.whitemoondreams.com/forms.php?do=form&fid=1) or directly to our support team at email@example.com . When reporting a bug, please try to be as descriptive and thorough as possible. Include what you were doing leading up to the issue and what the issue itself was, as well as any other relevant information. Were you the host or the client? What type of match were you playing? It is always better for us to have too much information than not enough. In some cases, your hardware or software could contribute to an issue. In these cases (such as certain visual issues, or issues with loading, etc) it is helpful to include your computer specs. Please see our previous FAQ about how to attach DXDiag so we can have this information.
It is also always helpful to have your game logs, especially in the case of crashes. Game logs show our engineering team what was going on during a match and help them track down what went wrong. Please see our previous FAQ about how to send us this information.
What do I do if my game doesn’t boot?
There are several possible reasons your game might not be booting. First, check your computer to make sure it meets our minimum system requirements. Second, be sure you are up to date with all your current drivers as well as OS service packs.
You can find them for Windows here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/service-packs-download#sptabs=win81
And for Mac here: http://support.apple.com/downloads/
For Windows 7, be sure you have Service Pack 1 installed. The game will not run without it.
Sometimes, Steam doesn’t correctly install everything it is supposed to. Try installing these manually and see if it gets you running:
DirectX June 2010: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl…s.aspx?id=8109
Visual C++ Redist: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl….aspx?id=40784
PhysX 9.13.1220: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9…20-driver.html
If these steps do not correct your issue, then it is probably something more nefarious. Please send your computer specs to firstname.lastname@example.org along with as much information about your issue as possible. Did you get any error reports or pop up messages? Did it generate any logs? We have seen issues with DLL files as well as hardware, software and OS specific concerns, but we will do what we can to track down your issue and get you up and running!
What is included in my game?
For a full description of game contents, please see our Game Products page.
EARLY ACCESS STANDARD EDITION (Now Available!)
The Early Access Standard Edition includes access to the Beta (which will upgrade to the Standard Edition upon its release), four playable factions (Cygnar, Protectorate of Menoth, Khador, and Cryx) for multiplayer and the No Man’s Land single player campaign, which will become available when the game is final.
EARLY ACCESS DELUXE EDITION (Now Available!)
The Early Access Deluxe Edition includes access to the Beta (which will upgrade to the Standard Edition upon its release), as well as 20 additional DLC units as they become available. DLC units included in the Early Access bundle include:
- Eight Mercenary Warrior Units
- Magnus the Traitor Mercenary Warcaster
- Three Mercenary Warjacks
- Four unique Character Warjacks [of the Apotheosis] — one for each of the core factions.
- Four massive Warcasters [of the Apotheosis] — one for each of the core factions.
All Kickstarter backers are now invited to participate in the Beta and will receive the Standard Edition upon its release as well as all DLC that was unlocked as stretch goals during the campaign.
WARMACHINE: Tactics will be expanded in the months and years to come with regular releases of free and paid Downloadable Content (DLC). Paid DLC will never be required to continue to play the game. Any content required by users in order to play together, such as multiplayer maps, will be made available for free.